Saturday, September 22, 2012

Teams 2012/2013 and other news

The teams for 2012/2013 have been submitted to the Onkaparinga Tennis Association. Thank you to parents who got their children to the courts on Thursday; it was a valuable exercise. And thank you to Dean Carter, our coach, for coming down to cast an impartial eye over the players to establish the potential makeup of the teams. And without John Graetz and Marcus Hooper, we would still be there.

Other news.
Anita Butcher is wanting to increase the level of professionalism in the running of the junior club as well as growing the number of teams.
I don't wish to be involved in that so after three years of looking after the juniors on your behalf, I'm departing from any official capacity.
It is impossible to please all of the people all of the time so I never tried to even attempt that. But I did try to keep most of the people happy most of the time and I hope I succeeded in that goal.
It has been a genuine pleasure dealing with you all and watching the children develop.
Special thanks to Heather for helping when I have been away from Adelaide working as well as Marcus and Janet who were always dependable and keen to contribute.

No comments: